Monday, September 01, 2014

One of the taxi cabs from the movie "The Wiz" is now up for sale





Made by Mechanic Dan and William Reynolds http://www.clearviewtire.com/MechanicDan.php between 1978 and 79

The movie prop was on a lawn in 1997 when a house was bought, and has been taking up space ever since, and now that the property is going to be sold, this taxi from Oz needs a good home.

"When I moved it went about a mile and a half to my parents garage. They both recently passed, so now it is time to get rid of the house and the taxi. It is too bulky to ship to Colorado, and the Homeowners Association will bust my chops if I put it on my lawn. So I have no choice but to sell it. I am a car guy, and want it to go to someone that will treat it right.

As you can see it was abused, I laid fiberglass on it to get it back together. Kids also sprayed red graffiti on it. We painted it in about 2000, but it looks like that wore off. I don’t know what I want for it. It could be worth pennies, or real money. I don’t want it to be scrapped. that’s my main concern.

 The shell is in the driveway or garage of my parents house in Atlantic Beach NY, and is too big to fit in a van, it will fit in a small U Haul, or on a trailer. The golf cart that powered it is long gone. We painted it a dozen years ago and it looked good up until we moved in 2007.

The purchaser will have to haul it away. I don’t know if it is worth $3, $300, $3,000 or $30,000. Hopefully someone interested will have an idea of a fair price, not rip me off, and make a fair offer. Tomsebay@comcast.net

I guess Tom got ahold of me because I posted about the Wiz Taxis years ago http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2010/10/taxis-from-wiz.html

1 comment: